The End Is The Beginning - Hello Utah And Arizona!

I finished my thru-hike almost a year ago, on September 19, 2022. I spent the remaining time of my sabbatical traveling in Argentina and recuperating from the physical toll the PCT had taken. I returned to work as planned and settled back into a routine that resembled the life before this great adventure. 

Lago Argentina

I didn't feel that I had some big epiphany during my hike and I will definitely not pretend to have become any wiser, but I did find that the experience distilled some thoughts into actions that I may have otherwise put into the "one day" category, specifically some long-term travel plans.

Monte Fitz Roy - Patagonia

To help me transition from work routine to travel life I decided to undertake another thru-hike. After some deliberation I settled on the Arizona Trail, traversing the state from north to south for 800 miles. I decided to add a portion of the Hayduke Trail and start my hike in Bryce Canyon, Utah, crossing into Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument, passing by the White Cliffs and connecting with the official start of the Arizona Trail near a rock formation called The Wave, bringing the total of my planned hike to around 900 miles.

Map Courtesy Of Arizona Trail Association

My preparations began months ago and I plan to start hiking on September 9, 2023. I will post about my progress here, so stay tuned!

Glaciar Perito Moreno


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Finally Made A Bucket List

Hello, Hayduke!

The Route