There I Go - Turn The Page
There are precious few times in life when you can voluntarily change everything from one day to the next. Standing on this little dusty hill at the Southern Terminus of the PCT definitely feels like one of those times.
The last few days have felt very surreal. Friday I turned off my laptop and work phone - until November. I said temporary goodbyes to many friends and eventually boarded a plane to San Diego yesterday (Sunday). The flight path from Seattle followed large parts of the PCT in reverse order. It was a clear day and I could see some of the mighty volcanoes of the Cascades, Rainier, St. Helens, Adams, Hood. Further south in Oregon the Three Sisters. Then Lake Tahoe in California came into view and eventually the mighty Sierra Nevada, still completely covered in snow and looking absolutely impenetrable, especially on foot. Thankfully we turned towards the coast and I was spared an aerial view of the 700 miles of desert that I need to cross first!
And I am to hike all this and more, actually passing Seattle to get to Canada? In one go? Just yesterday I could not wrap my head around this.
And yet, here I am, defiantly taking my first steps…

Hey Michael, hope you had a great first day on the trail! Looking forward to following your adventure.
ReplyDeleteHello Michael, good luck for your great adventure!
ReplyDeleteI'm thrilled to see your first steps! And to see what you learn about yourself and the world through this journey.
ReplyDelete