Hiking the PCT - One Way Ticket To …Canada!

Hello there! I am hiking the Pacific Crest Trail (PCT) northbound (NOBO) from the Mexican border to Canada in 2022! My start date is April 25 and I will be posting updates of my preparations and hiking adventures here.

So, how come I want to leave my beloved Seattle and spend half a year sleeping in a tent in inclement or even hazardous weather when I have a perfectly fine roof over my head? Why hike, scramble over obstacles, wade through rivers for some 2650 or so miles when there is a perfect and sometimes even scenic highway running parallel to the entire trail?

The short answer: it is time for a change in my life and for some new goals and challenges. I have never completed or attempted a real thru-hike and my longest backpacking adventure was 9 days long.

The long answer... will emerge bit by bit in subsequent posts here.

Stay tuned!


Comments

  1. Herr Willig, ich bin so stolz auf dich!
    Godspeed!

    Your friend,
    Joshua

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I Finally Made A Bucket List

Hello, Hayduke!

The Route